Bio of Ben Torres
BEN TORRES is a 16 year old guitarist/singer/songwriter born in Indianapolis, Indiana. Ben’s interest in music began at an early age, having acquired his first guitar, a Fender Stratocaster, when he was just 9 years old. He’s played with non-stop ambition ever since.
In his young musical life, Ben has studied guitar for 5 years with Sean McWilliams, Mike Walker and Ryan Phillips and 2 1/2 years of vocal studies with Manny Lujan, Christine Andrus and Ron Feldman. He’s perennially attended week-long Rock and Roll Camps at Valencia College in Orlando, and has attended the Avalon School of Music’s Advanced Guitar Shredding. Ben has also studied advanced theory, songwriting and techniques for five years. His performance career highlights include opening for The Little River Band at Palm Coast’s “Rockin Rib Fest” as well as playing many local venues and restaurants. His talents will be featured at the legendary Beaches Bike Week in Daytona Beach this March at “Hogs On The Hill”. He has also performed the role of “Rooster” in “Annie” with the Musical Theater Club in Bridgewater Middle School and has played numerous guitar recitals.
Ben recently completed his first full-length CD “Like No Place Else”, due for commercial release November 26th, 2012. The album was produced by Mike Walker at Dreamwalker Studios and features 8 original songs written by Ben, and another 2 songs co-written with Walker. Ben’s first single from the new release is the funky “Notorious”, featuring Ben’s signature guitar work and a strong vocal that will delight his growing fanbase. The album made it’s FM radio debut on Beach 92.7 Club 927 to rave reviews.
One of Ben’s goals is to become a well known artist familiar to every household. Ben’s musical talents grow tremendously due to his consistent practice and love for rock. His desire and dream to play on stage in front of thousands grows stronger every day. His favorite artists are Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead, 311, Brad Paisley, and the Zac Brown Band.
Ben is attending high school as a 10th grader this year.
Resume of Ben Torres
- Rock and Roll Camp, East Valencia College Performing Arts Center, 2009-2011
- Avalon School of Music’s Advanced Guitar Shredding Classes
- Musical “Annie”, Musical Theater Club Junior, 2011
- Annual Guitar Recitals at multiple Central Florida locations
- Recital, Ocala Talent, Ocala, Florida
- Various Live Performances
- Design and Development of Youtube Channel
- Experience Recording with ProTools
- Funkamongus Recording Studio, Producer Billy Chapin
- 10 song full length CD “Like No Place Else” release 11/26/2012..
- Dr.Diane Carderelli/MusicTheory/ValenciaCollege
- Manny Lujan/Voice/Vocals-Pro.,Inc.
- Christine Andrus/Voice Instruction for Pop